Your intelligent assistant, Google Now, is getting smarter as it can now recognize the relationships, so you can call or text your contacts with specified relationship easier than ever. For instance, you just need to say "Call my Wife" instead of saying her actual name, or just say "Send text to my Dad".
So, how to setup this new feature on Google Now (Google Voice app) and add relationships to contact?
1. Open Google Now on your device
2. Tap the Mic button to say a voice command
3. Consider you want to assign a contact as your Mom..so, simply say: "Call my Mom"
4. Since this relation has not been assigned yet, you need to tap the Pick Contact option
5. Now choose the contact and select the preferred number, and Setup is Complete.
6. Now to call or text your Mother, you just need to say "Call my Mom" or "Send a Text to my Mom", and Google Now does the rest.