On the paid version of Android Nova Launcher (Prime) you can associate open apps or shortcuts, perform actions with Gestures. Add gestures on Nova Launcher Prime do as follows:
1. Go to "Nova Settings"
2. Tap "Gestures and Buttons"
3. In the "Gestures" settings, you can define and set actions or open app by: Pinching in, Pinching out, Swiping up, Swiping down, Double tap, Swiping up or down with two fingers, Rotating CCW (Counter Clock Wise) or CW (Clock Wise) with two finger
4. Tap the gesture you want to modify and use
5. There you see, 3 tabs: Nova, Apps, Shortcuts
6. Tap the action and you are Done!