The Android version of Google+ provides many options for notifications. You can change the notification sound, vibrations, and specify for which events you want to be notified. To customize notifications on Google Plus do as follows:
1. Open "Google+" application
2. Hit menu button and select "Settings"
3. Tap "Notifications"
4. Make sure notifications are enabled. Turn off "Notifications" to disable notification (You may use the sliding button on the top right)
5. Tap Ringtone to change the notifications sound
6. Enabled or Disable Vibration
7. Now, Check the fields and events you would like to be notified about. All the notifications have been sorted in to 5 categories:
A. Post and Mentions: Mentions, Shares, Comments, Comments on a post after I've commented, Circle subscriptions
B. Circles: Adds me
C. Photos: Tags me, comments on photo that I am tagged in, Photos added from Auto Backup
D. Events: Invitations or updates to events, Reminders about events that I', invited to, Activity on events that I've created
E. Communities: Invites me to a community