The latest Instagram update, adds the Instagram Direct feature to the Android app, and you can send private message and share photo and videos to certain people, instead of sharing with your entire followers.
It allows you to select the receivers and they are the only persons who can like or comment under the shared picture or video.
To starting using the Instagram Direct, make sure you have the latest Instagram version installed on your Android device, and do as follows:
1. Go to Gallery and select the picture/video to be shared on Instagram privately
2. Tap the Sharing icon and select Instagram
3. Do the necessary changes, like cropping or applying different effects
4. On the next step, there are 2 steps: Followers and Direct.
5. Now add as many recipients as you want and Share Your Content Privately.