Android News 14 January 2014 – 12:00 GMT / 07:00 EST:
- T-Mobile Makes Xperia Z1S Available to Order Online
- Moto X to be Available in the UK on February 1st for £380
- Sirius is Xperia Z2 and Will Be Launched At MWC 2014
- Android 4.2.2 with Sense 5 Is the End of The Road For HTC One X+
1. T-Mobile Makes Xperia Z1S Available to Order Online
During the CES, Sony announced the Xperia Z1S exclusively for the T-Mobile in the U.S. and now the phone is available to order through T-Mobile web store.
The full retail price for Xperia Z1S is set for $528 while the 2year contract costs you $22 monthly with no upfront cost.
T-Mobile also announced the availability of the Xperia Z1S in the stores, which starts from January 22nd, and note that only the devices bought from stores are eligible to benefit the T-Mobile’s ETF program.
2. Moto X to be Available in the UK on February 1st for £380
Just a day before Motorola’s event in London, the CEO Dennis Woodside announced that Mot o X will be available in the UK on February 1st for £380 off-contract and £25 a month on-contract. Unlike the U.S. variant, you don’t have the option to customize your own device and you’ll get what Motorola has prepared for you.
There are no words whether the Moto Maker will get available for the European variants or not, but for now you don’t have this great feature in the UK, France and Germany as the first European countries to offer Moto X.
3. Sirius is Xperia Z2 and Will Be Launched At MWC 2014
Sirius is the codename for one of the Sony’s flagship in 2014 and now some reliable source confirms that it is in fact the Xperia Z2 we are talking about, and the device, Sirius or Z2, will be announced at MWC 2014 in Barcelona next month.
Here are the confirmed specs for the Xperia Z2/Sirius: 5.2” screen with 2,560 x 1,440 resolutions, 20.7 MP Rear camera, 3700 mAh battery, and water & dust proof.
4. Android 4.2.2 with Sense 5 Is the End of The Road For HTC One X+
HTC released One X+ back in 2012 as the company’s flagship at that year, and now HTC UK officially announces that the recently rolled out Android 4.2.2 with Sense 5 is end of the road for One X+, there won’t be any further Android updates or whatsoever for HTC’s 2012 flagship.