Android News 15 February 2014 – 12:00 GMT / 07:00 EST:
- Motorola Sweet Deal on Moto X Extended One More Week
- HTC Promises a 2-Year Support for North America Android Flagships
- A Leaked Picture of Verizon’s LG G Pad 8.3 Suggests a Soon Release
1. Motorola Sweet Deal on Moto X Extended One More Week
Remember the $70 price cut deal for ordering Moto X by Valentine’s Day? Well, Motorola has just extended its “Sweet Deal” one more week and you can now get the $70 discount as you but a customized Moto X without a contract through February 22.
So, if the deal is sweet enough for you, you can get the 16GB Moto X for $329.99, 32GB version for $379.99 and the Moto X Developer Edition for $379.99.
2. HTC Promises a 2-Year Support for North America Android Flagships
Today, HTC hosted an AMA (Ask Me Anything) on Reddit, and like always most of the topic were about the Android updates. During the Q&A, HTC announced an interesting plan which covers the entire Android flagships shipped by HTC to North America (U.S and Canada) for 2 years, update wise.
The news seems to be really interesting for U.S and Canadian customers, but 2 things are still unclear: What does HTC mean by flagships and which HTC’s phones are counted as a flagship? And what does a 2-year-support really mean?
3. A Leaked Picture of Verizon’s LG G Pad 8.3 Suggests a Soon Release
@evleaks comes again with a peace of hot news suggesting the existence of Verizon’s variant of LG’s first (and so far the last) tablet, G Pad 8.3. Judging by the leaked image, the 8.3-inch LG’s tablet will be taking advantage of Verizon’s 4G LTE network while other specs to be remained the same as the international variant of LG G Pad 8.3.
There are no details about the pricing and availability, but we are going to use a “Coming Soon” tag for G Pad 8.3 carried by VZW.