Android News 24 January 2014 – 12:00 GMT / 07:00 EST:
- Android KitKat for U.S. HTC One Reached the “Certification” Stage
- Samsung Announces Dual-SIM Galaxy S III Neo+ in China
- Android KitKat for Galaxy Note 3 Hit More Countries in Asia and Europe
1. Android KitKat for U.S. HTC One Reached the “Certification” Stage
A while age, HTC published an interesting infographics showing the 5 stages to the adaptation of a Google Android release. According to that infographics, the 5 stages of adoption are: Evaluation, Development, Integration, Certification, and Push to customer.
View: Infographics: The Anatomy of an Android OS Update
And according to the HTC website, the Android KitKat for HTC One under the 4 U.S. major carriers, AT&T, Verizon, T-Mobile and Sprint, has just reached to “Certification” stage, which is 1 stage before the update roll-out.
So, it means HTC is doing the final tests to deliver to update to the carriers, and the OTA update will be available as soon as each carrier finished the final tests and bug fixes.
2. Samsung Announces Dual-SIM Galaxy S III Neo+ in China
Samsung just likes producing different devices with slight changes in the specs and NO changes in the body and appearance. The latest Galaxy device was just announced in China and it can be considered as the refreshed version of the Ga laxy S3 with dual-SIM support.
Here are the general specifications of Galaxy S III Neo+, which is set to be released in China at unknown price and unknown launching time:
- 136.6 x 70.6 x 8.6mm, 132 grams
- 4.8” Super AMLED display, 720p resolutions, 306ppi
- 1.4GHz Quad-core CPU (either Exynos 4 or Snapdragon 400)
- 1GB of RAM, 8GB of Internal Memory, and microSD card
- Dual-SIM support: 3G + GSM
- 8MP Rear camera + 1080p video recording
- Android 4.3 Jelly Bean
- 2100 mAh battery
3. Android KitKat for Galaxy Note 3 Hit More Countries in Asia and Europe
Just a few weeks age, some users in Poland reported updating their Galaxy Note 3 to the latest Android version, Android 4.4.2 KitKat, and from today more countries are receiving KitKat for both S9000 and S9005 models with different processors.
Based on the reports from XDA forums users, regardless of the processor, some users in Netherlands, Singapore, Switzerland, Hungary, India and Korea has already received the update notification and updated the firmware of heir device with the 300MB file.
Since it is a gradual roll out, you should check the System Update menu frequently to see when the update is available for your device.