Samsung kies is free program, to transfer files, pictures, video, music, and other data between a Samsung device and a computer via a USB cable or Wi-Fi connection. Samsung mobile users can also create a data from their phone to PC and restore the backup whenever they like. Download Samsung Kies from Samsung for both Windows and Mac to start creating Backup or Restore the backup.
How to Backup Data?
To create a backup via Samsung Kies, do as follows:
- Run the program on your computer and connect your device (phone or tablet) to your computer via a USB cable or Wi-Fi. Once connected, Samsung Kies file manager will start automatically (Make sure you have unlocked the phone otherwise the process doesn’t go through).
- Click on the “Backup/Restore” tab and make sure you have chosen “Data backup”
- Mark the items you would like to create backup; Contacts, S Memo, S Planner, Call log, Message, Videos, Music, Photos, Miscellaneous content files, Email account information, Preferences, Network settings and bookmarks
- Once done, hit the “Backup” button and the process starts.
- Hit “Complete” button when backup completed (It may take a while depending on the amount of chosen data)
You can make a backup every month to make sure no data is lost.
How to restore Data?
- Run the program and connect the device. Click on the “Backup/Restore” tab and make sure you have chosen “Restore data”
- Select the backup file to restore. There you have 2 options:
To choose from a backup folder, click on “Select Folder”
To choose from the time of backup, click on the drop down menu
- Once selected the backup file, the entire items are shown under Personal information, Content, Account information and settings. Mark the items to be restores
- Hit the “Restore” button and wait until the process is finished
** Note that sometimes the device needs to reboot after the restore