Which manufacturer has been the top OEM on the U.S. Smartphone Subscriber Market Share for the Q4 2013, and which OS has been run on smart devices more in this period?

Well, according to comScore, as a trusted and leading source for measuring the digital world, Apple is the top OEM in the U.S. accounting for about 42% of market share, and the second place as you’ve already guessed is for the top Korean OEM, Samsung, which is responsible for about 26% of smart devices used in nationwide in the 3 month average ending in December 2013.

While Samsung and Apple have got about 70% of market shares combined, the 3rd place goes for Motorola and thanks to its well-appreciated highly customizable Moto X, they have 6.7% of the U.S. market, followed by LG and HTC with 6.6% and 5.7% market shares, respectively. However, LG with LG G2 and HTC with HTC One family could do better…


But what about smartphone platforms? According to the published report by comScore, over half of all devices are now running Google’s OS regardless of what Android version they are. The second place goes to Apple’s platform, iOS, which sees a 1.2% increase compare to the previous period (Q3 2014) and reaches to 41.8%.

If you’ve already done the math, you may have got surprised considering the fact that more than 93% of total smartphones in the U.S. are now running either Apple’s platform or Google’s platform. It mea ns the other platforms, including Blackberry’s, Microsoft’s and even the late Symbian are fighting for the other 7% remaining. We are looking forward to seeing more market share by Windows Phone running on Nokia Lumia devices.


In Overall, we don’t think there will be a huge change in the smartphone platform distribution, at least for another year and we are thinking of Windows Phone as a game changer platform in the future, as well as yet-to-be-introduced Samsung and Intel OS, Tizen OS.

On the manufacturer side, we are predicting a drop for Samsung’s share if they stick with their old plastic design on their new devices, as LG and HTC are expected to gain more market share in 2014. And don’t forget about Motorola after being acquired by the Lenovo, especially when reviewing the Lenovo’s CEO perspective to beat the Apple and Samsung’s dominant in near future.

What about Apple? Well, if the rumors are to be held true, and Apple does produce phones with larger screens, you shouldn’t be surprised if Apple gets even more market share at the end of 2014.

What do you think about the future of smartphones distributions in 2014?