Google decides to absorb all mobile phone market for himself with announcing of Google Nexus series. It is said that Google intends to prove the pure - and to get the most out of - Android from these series. This time, LG was chosen to produce the new Nexus, Google Nexus 4.
For the front part, you won’t see much differences from the previous version, but you will see some new talents from LG on the back side. A special kind of reflective pattern, protected with Gorilla Glass 2 as on the front side, has been used under the glass cover, shining over different light angles. You will never feel anything other than a smooth hard surface!
LG has used its new generation of display, True HD IPS Plus, for the new Nexus 4. A 4.7” display with 1280 x 728 pixels of resolution resulting in a pixel density of 318 PPI which is much lower than IPhone 5. The processor type used for Nexus 4 is a Qualqumm Snapdragon series, with quad cores and 1.5 GH of frequency. Other features embedded into this phone are the followings: Adreno 320 as the GPU, 2 GB of RAM, a selectable 8 or 16 GB of internal memory, un-removable battery with the capacity of 2100 mA, 8 MP camera with LED flashlight for dark places and finally, wireless charging.
Nexus 4 is known as the first gadget with a default Android 4.2 operating system which is also called Jelly Bean as the previous Android version, 4.1. Many new features are added into this new Android, some of them are the followings:
- Google Now: Google’s voice assistant service could answer all your questions and fulfil all your demands, from calculating a simple arithmetic equation to more difficult tasks like weather conditions and navigations,
- Gesture: Word predicting has been greatly improved,
- Photo Sphere: A camera feature enabling to capture panoramic photos,
- User Accounts: This great new feature enables having two or more users on 1 Android device, just like Microsoft Windows.
- Quick Settings: It does what it says: giving quick access to system settings (just like ideas used in some HTC and Samsung devices).
- 1.5 GH of Qualqumm quad core processor plus Adreno 320,
- 2G and 3G support (available also a separated 4G support copy),
- Size: 9.1x68.7x133.9, Weight: 139 g,
- 4.7” True HD IPS display with resolution of 1280 x 728 pixels,
- Bluetooth 4.0, WIFI, GPS, NFC,
- 8 MP camera with LED Flash, Full HD video recording
- Accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass, barometer
- 2 GB or RAM, 8 or 16 GB of internal memory.