After so many rumors, reports and a complete hype about the first OnePlus’s phone, finally the Chinese company announced OnePlus One with impressive hardware specs and unbelievable pricing policy.
OnePlus One General Specifications:
- 152.9 x 75.9 x 8.9 mm, 162g
- 5.5-inch, 1,920x1,080 pixels, LTPS IPS with TOL Protection Corning® Gorilla® Glass 3
- Snapdragon 801 processor, 2.5GHz Quad-core CPU, Adreno 330 GPU
- 3GB of RAM, 16/64GB of internal memory
- 13MP / 5MP Main and front cameras
- Wi-Fi Dual-band, Bluetooth 4.1, NFC, LTE-enabled (LTE bands: 1/3/4/7/17/38/40)
- CyanogenMod 11S based on Android 4.4
- 3100 mAh non-removable battery
- Available in Black and White
Well, as you can see we are dealing with one of the most powerful (if not the most powerful) smartphones so far, hardware wise, and it is really hard to find another phone to beat OnePlus One.
About the software, OnePlus One runs the most famous and installed Android’s Custom ROM, Cyanogen 11S which is based on the Android 4.4 KitKat. The Cyanogen ROM means lots of customization options, permission control, and the option to easily flash different custom ROMs.
While the battery is not removable by the user, you can still order some StyleSwap back covers to make your phone stylish as the covers come in different materials including denim, kevlar, wood, and bamboo.
Now, let’s talk about the most exciting and impressive part, the Price. OnePlus One will be available to purchase from mid-May in select countries and more countries will follow afterward. Here is the list of the countries you can find the device and the good news is you’ll get it through your local distributer: Austria, Belgium, Canada, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Italy, the Netherlands, Portugal, Spain, Sweden, UK, United States, and Taiwan.
The 16GB version costs you only $299 and you just need to pay $50 more to get the 64GB version ($349). It’s extremely affordable for a flagship in 2014, isn’t it?