Pushbullet is the best solution for sending push notifications from your Android device to your other Android devices, your computer (via Pushbullet Chrome extension or the Pushbullet website), or to your friends.
What Does Pushbullet do? It lets you send and receive simple note, website’s link , file (smaller than 25 MB), check list or to-do list, and address between your connected devices.
If you send an address to your device it opens in the Google Maps, the links are shown in the Chrome (or other browsers), and sent files are automatically downloaded. You have also the option to receive the checklist on your Android device and even mark the checked items.
So, how to send and receive notifications between Android and Computer?
First you need to do some initial setup:
1. Download and install Pushbullet from Google Play.
2. Open the application and sign in with your Google account
3. On your computer (or laptop), install the Pushbullet Chrome Extension (The Pushbullet green icon is added next to the address bar on Chrome)
4. Login with the same Google account in the Pushbullet website
Now, your devices are connected and you can easily send push notifications to either device.
How to send notifications from Chrome to Android:
The easiest way to send notifications to your Android device is using the Chrome extension you’ve already installed. To do so, do as follows:
1. Open Chrome on your computer
2. Click on the Pushbullet icon on the top right
3. By default, the website’s address you are currently viewing is ready to be pushed.
4. Change the receiver by clicking the Push To drag down menu (It shows the list of connected devices as well as your friends)
5. Click on the Send Link, Note, Address, or List to send the notification right from the extension. To send files you need to go to the Pushbullet website
6. When done, click Push It! Button and the notification will be delivered immediately to the other end.
How to send notifications from Android to Chrome:
1. Open Pushbullet on your Android device
2. Tap the Pushbullet add button on the top right
3. Select the type of notification to be pushed: Note, Link, List, Picture, or File
4. Open "To" and change it Chrome, so the notification will be pushed to your desktop brower
5. Type the note, link, list or attach the file or picture, and then tap the Send icon
6. To notification is now on your computer
Another great feature of Pushbullet is the recently added Notification Mirroring feature. What does it do? It shows the entire notifications of your device, on your computer. In other words, consider you are working with your laptop, and a notification is received on your Android device. You no longer need to find your phone, unlock it, and read the notification, because a pop up window on bottom right of your laptop is showing the notification.
To setup Notification Mirroring on your Android device, do as follows:
1. Open Pushbullet
2. Tap the 3dot icon and go to Settings.
3. Under the Notification Mirroring settings, tap the first option to enable the service
4. The Notification Access setting is opened and you just need to tap Notification Mirroring Service to enable it
5. Confirm the warning message
6. Tap Settings to specify the Application you would like to receive notification from on your computer
7. And, you are DONE.
**Tip: To push a picture or a website, open the picture or the webpage, and tap Push This option from the Share menu
We really liked the idea behind the Pushbullet and if you get used to the Way it works you will notice how time saving this application is. It is one of the Best Android productivity apps and we are looking forward to working with the next versions of Pushbullet.