SONY, the manufacturer of the Xperia & Xperia Z brand family, finally decided to introduce a new Xperia Z member, SONY Xperia Z1. The new family member that inherits the same appearance as other members is using the latest technologies on its body, display, processor, camera and entertainment. A device to create a new standard in the world of smartphones. This beauty has already attracted too many attentions. What comes in the following is a quick preview of SONY XPERIA Z1 features.
SONY has really done a great effort on the design. The whole chassis is a complete aluminum. An anti-scratch glass is glowing in the back and the front panel. Its thickness is only a little ticker than its father Xperia Z so that it is 8.5 mm instead of 7.9 mm. Beside the thickness, the weight has also increased to 170 g. The IP57 standard is applied on the body meaning the phone is waterproof and protected against dusts (anti-dust).
On the hardware side, the processor is the most eye catching piece. It is a quad core snapdragon 800 with the frequency clocked to 2.2GHZ. The processor is accompanied with LTE chip, Adreno 330 and 2 GB of RAM. The very first benchmarks of this giant smartphone are showing a great power in the processing and graphical operations. On this table, Xperia Z1 is seated in the third row, after Samsung Galaxy Note 3 and LG G2.
The phone is equipped with a 20.7 MP camera, having the latest SONY compact digital camera technologies. CMOS sensor, 72 mm wide and bright lens angle, F2.0 diaphragm, Exmore RS and Bionz photo processing engine is some of these technologies. A high definition 3X zoom helps record far away scenes easily. Some other features included in the camera: LED flash, anti-vibration, face detection, panorama, @30fps full HD video recording and 2.0 MP front camera.
The display type chosen for the Xperia Z1 is a 5 inch TFT LCD with full HD resolution and therefore 441 pixel density. The display is equipped with BRAVIA Engine 2 and Triluminos display to bring the highest quality possible.
As suggested, XPERIA Z1 is coming with the latest Android version installed: Android Jelly Bean 4.3. Like other XPERIA members, Timescape graphical UI is also pre-installed on this smartphone.
Some of the software features of XPERIA Z1 is listed below:
- Social Live: This feature lets you immediately share your currents with friends over Facebook.
- AR Effect: A feature to create wonderful effects using the photos in the gallery and default animation effects. This section is synchronized using SmartARTM.
- Timeshift Burst: Have the best photo camera! This feature takes 61 photos in 2 seconds after tapping the shutter icon so that you can choose the best one out of 61 frames!
- Info-Eye: Take a picture from any famous place and see information about it instantly over the web.
XPERIA Z1 General Specifications:
- Quad core snapdragon 800 with 2.2 GH of frequency
- 2 GB of RAM & 16 GB of internal memory, support for external memory
- 5 inch TFT LCD with full HD resolution, equipped with BRAVIA Engine 2 and Triluminos Display
- WIFI, Bluetooth 4.0, ANT+, GPS and NFC
- 20.7 MP camera with LED flash, Auto focus
- Android Jelly Bean 4.3
- Accelerometer, Gyroscope, Compass
- 3000 mA Battery