The Mail app on iOS lets you view ONLY your unread emails in a separate folder, so you don't have to scroll through your entire mailbox to view the unread emails. To view unread emails on iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch devices in a folder, do as follows:
1. Open the Mail app on your iOS running device
2. Make sure you are on the Mailboxes page (If you are viewing your Inbox, tap the Mailboxes button on the top left
3. There you should see several folders, including the Inbox and VIP folders
4. Tap the Edit button on the top right to add or remove folders in the Mailboxes view
5. Make sure to tap the Unread folder to show it in the Mailboxes view. (A blue circle with a mark icon in it will appear next to the Unread folder)
6. Hit the Done button to save the process
7. Now, to view unread emails on iPhone (Just Unread Emails with no extra stuff), simply go to the Mailboxes view and tap to open the Unread folder.