We were always looking for an easy to use yet fully functional Currency Calculator Widget to be able to convert between currencies using an updated exchange rate, without opening any application and right from the Home Screen. Well, it seems that we’ve finally met what we were looking for and the Currency Calculator Widget is the answer.
As the name suggests, it is possible to easily add a pair of currency and see the conversion as you type the amount.
What you need to do is add the widget to home screen (Since this is just a widget, there is no icon in the app drawer), tap the update button to get all the rates refreshed, add a pair of currencies, use the number pad to enter the amount and see the result.
Currency Calculator Widget Main Features:
- User Interface is absolutely simple, easy to use and friendly
- Supports more than 150 currencies (say the developer)
- Supports Bitcoin
- Yahoo! Finance is the source for the exchange rates
- The option to add more than one pair of currencies
- Set up interval for updating currencies automatically
- A simple calculator
- Works offline (Uses the latest updated rates)
We really couldn’t find any flaws or such things when working with the app (widget), as the Currency Calculator Widget does what it is supposed to do accurate and neat and avoids any complexity.
Since the World Cup 2014 is just in 3 weeks, you might want to download the widget from the Play Store and have the local Brazilian prices converted to your own local currency, right from the Home Screen of your Android device.