Access to the Met Office UK weather forecast data on your home screen.
**Now the highest rated weather app showing Met Office data! Many thanks to those who have taken the time to give a positive rating.
Weather Forecast UK displays in a highly readable format the best quality UK weather forecast and radar data (such as rainfall radar or surface pressure charts) available sourced directly from the Met Office, one of the world leaders in weather forecasting. Get right to the detail you want to see quickly and easily.
Weather Forecast: UK is fast, easy to use and accurate.
* Five day detailed forecast in 3 hour time intervals
* Forecast radar maps for rainfall, temperature, cloud cover and combined cloud and rain
* Severe weather warnings integrated into application and widgets
* 24 different charts/graphs to visualize your weather data
* 7 UK Mountain region specific forecasts
* Surface pressure chart stretching from mid-Atlantic to Eastern Europe
* Home screen widgets available in 4 different sizes
* Fast easy switching between multiple locations with recent location history
* Sunrise and sunset times
* Configurable display of data - show only what you want
* Latest observation data from official Met Office observation locations
* Textual forecast for up to 30 days
* Move to SD Card option
* Can be used horizontally or vertically (useful for tablets)
Google maps is used for rainfall radar and other map views. Data is available at 10 different zoom levels across multiple time steps into the future. Radar data covers all of the UK and Ireland, while the surface pressure starts in the mid-Atlantic region stretching to Eastern Europe, going as far North as Iceland and as far South as Spain. Your current location is (optionally) overlaid on the map as well.
This application uses the latest up to date forecast data available from the Met Office for the entire United Kingdom (including England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland) via access to almost 5,000 unique forecast locations. Configure the display for just the information you want to see including time, temperature, weather description, weather image, feels like temperature, wind direction, wind speed, wind gust, visibility, relative humidity and ultra violet index (UV).
Mountain area forecasts are available for the Brecon Beacons, East Highland, West Highland, Lake District, Peak District, Snowdonia and Yorkshire Dales and include detailed hazard and forecast information specific to the mountain areas.
Problems? Ideas for improvement? Feature request? Please contact me via the 'About' tab in the application's menu. If you do have a problem, please don't just leave negative feedback or rating. I'm interested in helping but its not possible to respond in person to Market feedback yet.
* This edition is the full premium edition with no ads, a premium version only widget, and premium maps access with the ability to view future radar and chart forecasts.
Connect with Weather Forecast: UK
On Facebook: http://on.fb.me/xlayxR
On Twitter: @WeatherFrcst_UK
Note: Though this application uses MetOffice data, it is not an official Met Office application and the author has no affiliation or involvement with the Met Office.
Making note is a safe way to remember important days, tasks, ideas, lists and examples like this. Android offers some simple, powerful widgets to make notes easier than ever. This list suggests some ...