Widgets and apps icons are not the only stuff you can put on your home screen, as you can add a website shortcut to home screen on Android devices and get a quick access to your favorite websites right from the home screen.
To add website shortcut to Home Screen on Android phones and tablets, do as follows:
1. Open the Chrome browser on your Android device
2. Go to the website you'd like to add the shortcut to your home screen
3. Wait for the page to load completely
4. Tap the 3dot icon on the top right and touch the Add to homescreen option
5. Type a name for this new website shortcut and press the Add button