The recently updated Gmail app on Android has made attaching any files peace a cake. You can easily attach a word file, document files, photos or videos by doing as follows:
1. Make sure you have installed the latest Gmail app (Download Gmail from Google Play)
2. Open the Gmail App and start composing a new mail
3. Press the 3 dot icon and select Attach Files.
4. Now browse the file you want to attach and you are Done
** Note that, if for any reason you don't want to update your Gamil application, you can still attach any file in Gmail Android, by doing as follows:
1. Open any File Manager on your Android device (If your device doesn't offer a default file manager application, you can always download 3rd party apps like ES File Manager)
2. Browse the file you want to attach
3. Go to Sharing options and select Gmail.