When you encrypt the data stored in the memory card of your Galaxy S7 (Edge), it can be read on any other devices. To decrypt/encrypt SD card on Galaxy S7 and Galaxy S7 Edge, do as follows:
1. Open the Settings application on your S7
2. Under the Personal settings, go to the Lock Screen and Security settings
3. Scroll down to the Security settings, and tap the Encrypt SD Card option
4. Before hitting the Encrypt SD Card button on the middle bottom of the screen, make sure to read the Notice and your device is plugged in to the charger
5. After hitting the Encrypt button, you are asked to draw your pattern, and then your device will start to check your SD card and then encrypts it. The process may take longer depending on the amount of stored data
*** To Decrypt SD Card on Galaxy S7, go to the Lock Screen and Security settings, and touch the Decrypt SD Card option.
Important Note: After you encrypt your SD card, you will not be able to use your memory card on any other device and access the data on it, unless you decrypt it first. So, if for any reason, you break your Galaxy S7, you have to say goodbye to the content of your SD Card as well.