After connecting your LG G5 to your computer using a USB cable, you need specify the type of USB connection. The connection can be only used for charging, file transfer or other modes. To change the USB Connection type when plugging the LG G5 in to a computer/laptop, do as follows:
1. Use a USB cable and connect the devices
2. Pull down the status bar to see the USB Connection notification
3. Bu default, it is set to charging. tap on the notification to open available options
4. Now select a connection type from these options: Charging Only, Filer Transfer, Photo Transfer, MIDI device, or Power Supply.
Note that the Power Supply option is used if you want to charge the connected device
5. After selecting the USB connection type, touch the Just Once or Always options