Google saves almost everything; from search terms to locations & places looked in Maps. To remove and delete history on Google Maps and clear activities related to this place do as follows:
1. Open "Google Maps" (Download the latest version of Google Maps from Google Play)
2. Tap the Settings icon on the bottom left
3. Tap "Settings" and then "Maps History"
4. Tap the delete icon for each Map history
5. You need to confirm that you are aware the location will be removed from Maps history and activities related to this place will be permanently deleted from your searcha history.