Say, you have just switched to Galaxy S7 (Edge) and there are some contacts in your SIM card. Well, to import SIM contacts on Galaxy S7 and Galaxy S7 Edge and copy the numbers to your phone (or any other accounts, like Google), do as follows:
1. Open the Contacts app on your S7
2. Tap the More button on the top right of the screen and go the Settings.
3. Under the Manage & Back up Contacts, touch the Import/Export contacts option
4. Tap the Import option and on the opened menu, select the SIM Card option
5. Now, you need to specify where these SIM contacts you want to go: Device, Google Account, or your Samsung Account.
6. And the final step is to mark the contacts/numbers you want to be transferred to the selected account/device.
7. Hit DONE and you are all done after a few seconds (depending on the number of contacts copying from the SIM to device/account)