While using Voicemail is an easy yet reliable way to take voice messages, Sony offers the Answering Machine feature for Xperia devices. To setup Answering Machine on Xperia Z3, do the following steps:
1. Open Settings and go to the Call Settings option
2. Under "Other call settings", tap on Answering Machine.
3. To use this Answering Machine feature, first you need to record a Greeting Message. Go to the Greetings, and tap the Record button to start recording the greeting message.
4. After saving the recorded greeting message, tap the Answering Machine option to turn it on
5. Tap the Pick up after option to specify when the Answering Machine should take the incoming call.
**Note that, unlike the Voicemail feature, Answer Machine functions properly as long as your device is reachable.