Private Mode on Galaxy S5 is Samsung's solution to keep your private files (music, video, picture,..) somewhere safe with no trace. Files stored in the private mode are protected with PIN, Pattern, Password or Fingerprint.
How to Setup Private Mode on Galaxy S5:
1. Open Settings application
2. Go to Device tab, and open Private Mode under Personalization settings
3. If this is the first time you open the Private Mode, some introductions are shown, and then you are asked to choose a security method.
4. Setup the unlock method and now you are ready to use Private Mode
** Private Mode icon is now shown in the status bar (It is an Open Door with a lock hole on it)
How to Enable / Disable Private Mode on Galaxy S5
You can open the Private Mode settings from the mentioned path and use the slider button to enable/disable the feature.
Or you can simply drag down the notification bar with 2 fingers and just tap the Private mode toggle button to disable/enable it.
How to Add a File to Private Mode on Galaxy S5:
1. First make sure Private Mode is enabled and the icon appears on the notification bar
2. Open Music application (say you want to add a song to the Private Mode)
3. Find the Song you'd like to be added and Don't Open It
4. Long press on the song to enable Selecting mode and select the song(s)
5. Tap the 3dot icon and select the Move to Private option
** To add a picture to the private mode, you need to open Gallery application
How to Remove a File From Private Mode on Galaxy S5:
1. Make sure you are in the Private Mode
2. Open the Music application and find the Song that is already marked as Private.
3. Long press on the song and select it
4. Tap the 3dot icon and select the Remove from Private option
How to View Private Files on Galaxy S5:
1. Make sure Private Mode is enabled
2. Open My Files application
3. Under Local Storage tap the Private button
4. Now you should see all of your Private Files