Wi-FI Direct lets you transfer pictures, videos, music and other content between Android devices using a wireless connection. To transfer files between Xperia devices via Wi-Fi Direct, do as follows:
1. Make sure both the Android devices are connected to the same wireless network
2. On both devices, go to Settings > Wi-Fi, tap the 3dot icon, followed by the Wi-Fi Direct option
3. Now, under the Peer Devices, the name of the other Xperia device should appear
4. Tap the device's name to ask for connection, and on the other device, tap to confirm the connection
5. Both devices are now connected and ready to transfer files from one to the other (make sure the status of both Android devices must be: Connected. The other statuses are Available and Invited)
6. Open the File Commander application on the sender device (This file manager is installed by default on Xperia devices)
7. Browse and find the file to be transfered.
8. Tap the 3dot icon next to the file's name and tap the Send via Wi-Fi Direct option (You may have to first tap the Send Files option and then tap the File Commander Wi-Fi Direct option
9. Under the list of available devices, tap the Device you already added in the step 4.
10. and the "transfer files between Xperia device via Wi-Fi Direct" started
11. To view received files vai Wi-Fi Direct, go to the Download folder