Hidden Files on Android are not shown by default and you need to enable the "Show hidden files" on the file manager of your Android device. If you are a Samsung or HTC user, then your default file manager can take care of showing hidden files, otherwise you need to download a 3rd party application.
To view hidden files on Samsung Galaxy devices, do as follows:
1. Open the My Files application on your Galaxy
2. Tap the menu key and head to the Settings.
3. Mark the Show Hidden Files option
To view hidden files on HTC devices, do as follows:
1. Open the File Manager application (make sure it is updated)
2. Tap the 3dot icon on the top and tap the Hide hidden files option, and as you see the option changes to Show hidden files.
Note that, some other manufacturers may have included the "Showing hidden files" feature on their File Manager (for example on the Sony Xperia devices, this feature unlocks if you pay for the premium version of the File Commander application), but as a general way which works on any Android device, follow these steps:
To view hidden files on Android devices, do as follows:
1. Download and install the ES File Explorer File Manager application from the Google Play Store
2. Open the application, tap the 3dot icon on the top left to open the slider menu
3. Scroll all the way down and make sure to enable the "Show hidden files" option