Today’s world doesn’t know any limits for technology. The manufactures broke the borders and marketed phones with different sizes, if we go further, we reach tablets which they are also available in all sizes and dominated the market. But what can be done with these massive displays? Their applications are not summarized just in using the Internet, playing games and employing the advanced applications on them. Actually, one of their most important applications is watching videos on it.
Video playback is rather a reasonable expectation which the users can have from these devices with giant screens. Then a concern of which application to use for better support of video formats rises. The best application with the best functions and richest features so just let the user enjoy watching the content easily with the best quality. In this article we are going to tackle the challenge of choosing the best video player for Android by comparing the best available on the market.
1. MX Player Pro
You may not find a person which is interested in playing video on android and doesn’t hear of this powerful player. Many believe that, the best way to enjoy movies on android is by using MX Player. This app supports mostly all video formats. The app can identify your multi-core CPU and uses all the cores for playback, thus make it an excellent choice. In the latest version of this app, its performance boosted up to 70 percent for single core gadgets.
Some of the formats which are supported by MX player are,
avi, mpeg, mp4, wmv, divx, xvid, mov, flv, vob, 3gp, mkv and etc.
The other good point about this app is the support for the subtitles. These subtitles are supported in the player,
- DVD, DVB, SSA/ASS Subtitle tracks.
- SubStation Alpha(.ssa/.ass) with full styling.
- SAMI(.smi) with ruby tag support.
There are several features such as moving subtitle to desired location, the color of subtitle and its shadow, available to user for better results.
Through the playback process, the management of light and sound are done perfectly, by touching and sliding the fingers in the left or right of the screen.
MX player needs some specific codecs which in case it requests them, the user should install them.
Download MX Player Pro from Google Play
2. BS Player
It is another powerful video player for Android that has a positive function on multicore devices. It features with an automatic mechanism to find and play the subtitles. In addition it can play files which shared on other devices as well.
The application supports a variety of formats, the formats are:
avi, divx, flv, mkv, mov, mpg, mts, mp4, m4v, rmvb, wmv, 3gp, RTMP, RTSP, MMS (tcp, http), HTTP Live stream and HTTP
Other Features are,
- Various settings on the audio and subtitle
- Increase volume up to 5 times
- Supporting various models of screen touch for managing videos
- Supports external subtitle or subtitle joined the film
- Possibility of sharing files over the network
- Direct video playback from RAR files
3. Vplayer Video Player
This app supports many formats as well. Moreover, there are several options to customize the screen brightness, sound and others.
- Supports multiple formats such as, AVI, MOV, MKV, FLV, AVI, 3GP, 3G2, ASF, WMV, MP4, M4V, TP, TS, MTP, M2T
- Playback quality settings
- Setting Aspect Ratio
- Sound and screen light settings with touching the screen, forward and rewind the movie too
- Supports multiple subtitles and the option to change the subtitle appearance factors such as color, size and etc.
- Support and manage a multi-layered sound on video
- Option to install different codecs simultaneously
4. GPlayer (super video floating)
This app is one of the best free players on Android, even if the user doesn’t wants to use the floating playback mode. The unique feature of this app is the super video floating mode, which means that you can simultaneously watch videos on one part of screen and do other stuff on the other part.
- Theme customization features
- Home widget for playing videos from the launcher
- Wide support for video formats
- Parallel file sharing of several files
- Video floating playback
- Playing multiple videos simultaneously – up to 6 (available just on stronger hardware)
5. Archos Video Player
Archos is another powerful android video player, which supports almost all formats and is one of few players which supports both srt and sub/idx subtitle formats perfectly.
- Optimum use of hardware for smooth video playing
- Video playback from PC via LAN
- Supports flash memory, memory stick and external hard drive
- Downloads movie information via the Internet
- The option to download the subtitles
Among Video Players, the mentioned ones are all powerful, rich in supporting media formats and have many potentials and features to make the user satisfied. Mostly they supports the subtitles well and optimized for multi-core but if we still want to choose just one, that will be MX player pro. The MX player is chosen because it supports most video formats, most subtitle formats, optimized for different hardware, variety of management tools on the videos and many more features are just can be seen on this player. Although, choosing just one doesn’t seems right and it will be better if the user choose which one is better for him/her based on the taste and the player’s features.