Android News 27 April 2014:
- AT&T Adds the Glacial Silver As Another Color Option for HTC One M8
- New LG G3’s Leaked Image Suggests a Redesigned Back keys
- Oppo Joy Announced as an Entry-Level Phone for Developing Markets
1. AT&T Adds the Glacial Silver As Another Color Option for HTC One M8
While some polls suggest that the HTC One M8 in Gunmetal Gray is the most demanded choice by customers, a new color option doesn’t hurt at all. According to @HTCUSA, the HTC One M8 in Glacial Silve is now available to order for AT&T users with the same price as the Gray color and you just need to go to AT&T website, select the proper deal and get yourself an M8 in Silver.
2. New LG G3’s Leaked Image Suggests a Redesigned Back keys and an Unknown Sensor
So far most of the major OEMs have announced their 2014’s flagship and LG is the only one left behind. LG G3 is reportedly the next LG’s flagship and according to a new legit image, the handset features the same back keys we’ve first seen on the LG G2 with of course quite a change in the design.
Other than the redesigned keys in the back, there is a new s ensor-like thing next to the camera with unknown functionality. Our guess is either an LED flash, a new sensor to measure heart rate or a second camera lens.
The leaked image also reveals some G3’s specs including 16/32GB of storage, 3GB of RAM and the Optical Image Stabilization (OIS) for the camera.
3. Oppo Joy Announced as an Entry-Level Phone for Developing Markets
Oppo just announced the Oppo Joy in Indonesia. The mid-range phone features a 4-inch WVGA (800x480) IPS screen, 1.3 GHz dual core processor, 3MP/0.3MP Main and front camera, Dual-SIM, Android 4.2 (ColorOS), and 1,700mAh battery.
The entry-level Oppo Joy phone is aimed for developing markets and will go first on sale in Indonesia at about $140 soon and more countries including India is expected to follow in the near future.