Telegram is getting more popular and more users are tending to set it as their default messaging app because of its great features. Today we are going to show you how to create sticker pack for Telegram, so you can add more emotions to your conversations, while using the Telegram on your Android/iOS/Windows Phone device.
See Also: Telegram Tips and Tricks
What you need to have to create a sticker pack for Telegram are:
- Being creative
- Activating the Telegram’s web version on your desktop PC
- Having a photo editing tool installed on your PC to create images for stickers or resize them. (we used Photoshop CC for this purpose)
- And still being creative and patient
Creating or Editing the images to be used as the stickers for Telegram:
Note: If you have already prepared your images for sticker, then skip to the next part, which is titled as: Create your Sticker Pack for Telegram using the Telegram for Web Version:
The images you want to use as the stickers of your Sticker Pack for Telegram, are required to follow these criteria:
- It must be in PNG format
- It must have a transparent background
- The size must be 512x512 or less (Note that, the size of one side, height or width, must be 512 and the other size must be 512 or less)
- It is better to use white stroke and shadow effects for the image in the Sticker.
If you are a designer, then you should not have difficulty creating your images for stickers, but if you are new to this stuff we recommend you to do as follows to get suitable and cool images for your Sticker Pack:
1. Know exactly the topic of your Stickers. Are they going to be based on a cartoon characters, funny images, movie characters, celebrities or what
2. After that start using the Google Search Image tool to find the suitable images for your Sticker Pack.
3. Say, we are going to create a Sticker Pack for Telegram based on the Leonardo DiCaprio character. (Important Note: Your images Must not be intellectual property of)
4. What you should search is: Leonardo DiCaprio PNG Transparent. The search result will be all the Leo’s images which have Transparent background. (We used the PNG to get better results)
5. Now we have different pictures of Leonardo DiCaprio with different styles and emotions, and since they have a transparent background our job gets extremely easy
Now open the Photoshop on your desktop PC to do the final changes:
Follow this Path: File > New and make sure your new file has a 512px x 512px size and the background content is set to Transparent.
Open the first image of your sticker pack in Photoshop and drag it to your new Transparent file. Use the Ctrl + T shortcut and resize the image to fit suitably. Leave some space at the top, so you can add some cool texts.
Now, we are going to add Outer Glow and Drop Shadow effects to our image. To do so, do as follows:
1. Make sure the Image layer is selected and then double click on the layer to open the Layer Style (if you double click exactly on the layer’s name, it enables the layer’s rename option.)
2. Find the Outer Glow and make sure to enable it and then change its Structure, Elements and Quality. We used the following settings for our sticker
3. Next, make sure to enable the Drop Shadow effect and then change its settings (Structure and Quality) to your desire. We used the following settings for our sticker.
It’s all done and you just need to add a cool text above the image and your first sticker is ready. Use a suitable font, color font and a good aligning too.
Now, save your sticker in PNG format and head back to create you next sticker for your Sticker Pack. Once you have finished creating your images, go to the next step.
Create your Sticker Pack for Telegram using the Telegram for Web Version:
First of all, make sure you have already activated your Telegram account in your desktop browser. Otherwise do as follows to activate it:
1. Open the Telegram for Web in your desktop browser. (web.telegram.org)
2. Provide your country name, as well as your phone number which has been used for your Telegram account
3. Now, a confirmation code is sent to your Telegram account on your mobile phone, and you must enter it on the web version to activate it.
You are all set.
Now, let’s start chatting with the Sticker bot and let it know, we are going to create a new sticker pack for Telegram.
1. Start the chat with Sticker bot. To do so, simply click this link: @Stickers
3. Since we are going to create a new sticker pack, send the /newpack command.
4. Choose a name for your pack
5. Send an emoji that best describes the first sticker
8. Now, do these steps (sending another emoji and then its related sticker) until you have upload all your stickers.
9. Send the /publish command, once you have finished adding your stickers to your Sticker Pack.
10. Provide the StickerPack name. This name is used to create the URL for your sticker. For example, I chose this name: LeoCoolSticker.
You may share this URL with friends, so they can use your Sticker Pack in their chats.
Update: here some quick tips about how to completely delete a sticker pack from Telegram, how to add or remove a sticker from a specific sticker pack.
1. How to delete a sticker from a specific sticker pack?
Open the @Stickers chat, type the /delsticker command and finally send the sticker you want to delete
2. How to add a sticker to an already existed sticker pack?
Open the @Stickers chat, type the /addsticker command and add your new sticker to your pack. (Remember? first send the emoji and then send the sticker)
Note1: by default the sticker will be added to your last created sticker pack. If you already have created more than one sticker pack, you need to send this command: /addsticker telegram.me/addstickers/MyPack. and replace the MyPack with your Sticker Pack Name.
Note2: Adding your new sticker to a current pack may take a few minutes. So, don't worry if your sticker is not shown right after you added it to the pack. You have done everything right and you just need to wait.
3. How to completely remove a sticker pack from Telegram?
Well, at the moment this action is not possible. But you can easily delete and remove all the stickers of a specific pack, one by one.
4. How to rename a sticker pack?
The name of a Sticker Pack cannot be changed, once it is created.
5. How to assign a different emoji to a sticker?
When you are creating a sticker pack, you get to assign an emoji to each sticker. To change the emoji assigned to a specific sticker, simply remove that sticker from the pack and then add it again with the new emoji. Since your new sticker will be added to the end of the list, you can use the /ordersticker command, to get the sticker back to its place.