LG Nexus 5 is finally official, and like its predecessor, Google held no conference or event to announce this 4.95” Full HD device. We believe since every little detail about Nexus 5 had been already revealed (and they were all correct), Google didn’t bother itself to hold a conference.
So, first let’s see the Nexus 5 Specifications
- 137.9 x 69.2 x 8.6 mm, 130 grams
- 4.95 inch True HD IPS Plus display
- 1080 x 1920 pixels (445 ppi pixel density)
- 2GB of RAM, 16/32 internal memory (No microSD card support)
- Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, Bluetooth V4.0, NFC, and microUSB v2.0 (SlimPort™ enabled)
- 8MP / 1.3MP rear and front camera, 1080p@30fps video recording
- Snapdragon 800, Quad-core 2.3 GHz CPU, and Adreno 330 GPU
- Android KitKat 4.4
- Li-Po 2300 mAh battery (Non-removable)
- LTE support
- Wireless Charging support
- Available in Black and White
There is no surprise in the design of Nexus 5 and Google has honored the simple design in Nexus series again (We should mention unlike the glass like body of Nexus 4, the Nexus 5 has a plastic body) . Nexus 5 is slimmer than any other Nexus device, the Nexus logo has been placed vertically, the camera lens has moved from center to the left, and the plastic body feels like “Silky Texture” when holding the device in hand.
If you ask a random tech person about the hardware specification of a new Android device, regardless of the manufacturer company, he would probably say: Snapdragon 800, 2GB of RAM, quad-core CPU, Adreno GPU, 8MP camera and a Full HD screen with Gorilla Glass. Nexus 5 is not an exception and is equipped with all the mentioned hardware pieces to offer a faster and more powerful Android experience.
We can finally see the official version of Android KitKat (Android 4.4) on the Nexus 5 and here are the main software features of Nexus 5 thanks to the KitKat.
Stay tuned for the Android KitKat features article and the devices to get KitKat update.
- Just Say “Ok Google”: Nexus 5 is always listening to you and you can easily open Google Search, send a text, get direction or paly a song, by just saying OK Google.
- A smarter caller ID: Other than the possibility of looking for nearby business or restaurant while in the dialer, Google also looks for matches from businesses when receiving a call with unknown number
- HDR+: HDR+ mode automatically snaps a rapid burst of photos and combines them to give you the best possible image
At the moment, Google offers just 2 cases in the Google Play Store as the accessories for LG Nexus 5. Bumpers can be found in Gray, Bright Yellow, Black, and Bright Red. QuickCover which is a full body case can be also found in Black and White.
Price and Availability
United States, United Kingdom, Canada, Australia, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, Japan and South Korea are the selected countries which offer Nexus 5 directly from Google Play Store. If you live in U.S. or Canada, the SIM-free version of 16GB costs you $349 and the 32GB version costs you $399. Sprint and T-Mobile are also offering the device on-contract and Verizon officially announced they have no interest in offering Nexus 5 on contract.
Note that Black and White are the only available colors worldwide and there are 2 versions of Nexus available: One for North America and one for the rest of world. The only difference is about connectivity, and you won’t really notice any difference unless you happen to use the phone under some Asian carriers.
LG Nexus 5 is fast, powerful, slim, sharp, Cheap and the first device to feature Android KitKat 4.4. If you want to experience the pure Android with at least 2 year of instant Android update, then Nexus 5 is undoubtedly the only and the best choice.