It is quite a time that the Japanese manufacturer, SONY, has lost its power on Smartphone market. Since the comming of Android and shining of Samsung Galaxy Series, SONY couldn't take back its influence over market, but that is not going to stay the same for too long, as the company plans on changing. These changes are already started by buying the Swedish mobile phone partner, Ericsson, for $1.5 billion and continued with announcing the Xperia Z in CES 2013. What comes in the following is a short review of Xperia Z features.
Sony has used a minimalism design for Xperia Z, as for all other Xperia series. A simple yet eye catching design in a rectangular cubic layout with a thickness of 7.9 mm, along with some glass parts in the front and back.
In the heart of Xperia z, there is a quad core Qualcomm with frequency of 1.5Ghz. GPU uses an Adreno 320 which is quite familiar for professional users. And of course there is a RAM of 2 GB, something which is seen on smartphones like Galaxy S3, Butterfly and LG Nexus 4. But wait, there are even more to Xperia Z. For the display Sony used a TFT LCD with Bravia Engine 2. A Li-Ion 2330 mAh battery, Bluetooth 4.0, a 13 MP camera with Exmor RS sensor, Shatterproof, scratch-resistant and water resistant glass are all other features used in Xperia Z.
Xperia Z uses Android 4.1.2 as the operating system but Android 4.2 is also promised to come soon. For the camera there are some new features added like: HDR video capturing, Continuous autofocus, photo capturing while on video recording, etc. The Sony Walkman application also comes with features like: xLoad, Surround Sound and Dynamic Normalizer to enhance and improve the audio quality. There is an interesting feature in Xperia Z to save the battery. By enabling STAMINA in Settings, the phone turns off the functions you don't need when the smartphone isn't in use which could potentially boost the stand-by time of the Sony Xperia Z by up to 400%.
- Support for 2G, 3G, 4G.
- Size: 139 x 7.1 x 7.9 Weight: 146 g
- Water resistant (Water proof).
- 5” Display with Bravia Engine 2 and resolution of 1920 x 1080 (441 ppi) .
- Quad core processor with 1.5Ghz of frequency, plus Adreno 320, 2GB of RAM and 16GB of memory.
- 13 MP camera with LED Flash, Autofocus, HDR video capturing and video stabilizer.
- Android 4.1.2 plus Timescape Graphical Interface.
- Li-Ion 2330 mAh battery, 550 hours of stand-by, 11 hours of conversation.
- Accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass
- Bluetooth 4.0, NFC, GPS, WIFI, TV out.
If you already have Xperia Z, or you are going to get one, let us know what you think about this flagship of Sony, on official Android Widget Center Facebook page (Sony X peria Z review)
you can also check the HTC ONE review and compare these two super phones
And, Don't miss the following Android Widget Packs which fits each taste and flavor who owns a Xperia Z
- 10 Must Have Android Widgets for Xperia Z New Owners
- 10 Best Android clock Widgets for Xperia Z
- 5 Must Have Android Widgets for Xperia Z