Try this search widget to access miltiple search engines such as Google, Yahoo, Bing, Wikipedia. You are also able to define fast shotcuts to various websites
Summary: An alternative Google Search Widget. A fast Weather Forecast widget. Multiple search engines, multiple languages ... to launch your web browser.
Quick Search is a fast and lightweight web search App. It provides fast shortcuts to various websites, and it includes a Widget for your Home Screen.
• Google search
• Yahoo search
• Bing search
• Wikipedia search
• Weather Forecast search
• Search Google Play (Android Market)
• Search Google News (all languages/countries)
• YouTube search
• DailyMotion search (all 28 countries supported)
• Amazon search (all 9 countries supported)
• eBay search (14 countries supported)
• For Latin-American users: Search MercadoLibre/MercadoLivre (7 countries supported)
• For Korean users: Search Naver (네이버), Nate (네이트) and Daum (다음)
• For Russian users: Search Yandex (Яндекс)
• Switch between different Search Engines with one click.
• Instant search suggestions. Tap them repeatedly to refine your search.
• Add multiple Widgets to your Home Screen, and customize each one as you want.
• Quick Search is fast, lightweight and easy-to-use. The search results open in your web browser.
• Free software, with advertisements. (The Paid version has no advertisements.)
• Many different languages and countries are supported, even for the Widget and Weather. You can easily change the language/country settings within the app, and the Search Engines will adapt.
• It's faster than doing a search in the Web Browser.
• Weather Forecast: Quickly find the Weather in almost any worldwide city. Users in USA, France, UK and Germany can also find the Weather by postal-code / zip-code.
• Google News: An empty search will show the regional news summary for your country. And you can easily change the region.
• Open the app from anywhere, by long-pressing the Search button on your phone.
• Voice Search, with most virtual keyboards.
• No intrusive permissions or background services are used, and it's fast to startup.
Quick Search requires 2 permissions:
• Internet Access: To retrieve search suggestions from the selected website.
• Network State: To detect Wi-Fi and to prevent the app running slowly when the Internet connection is down.
The app is localized to English, French, Spanish, Korean, Chinese (Simplified), Japanese, German, Portuguese, Russian and Arabic. But the Search Engines work in most global languages.
Note: Install to SD Card is not allowed on this app, because it stops the Widgets working properly.
Email your comments and suggestions to Ozmium.